Vocational training in Somalia is offered by a variety of institutions, including technical and vocational education and training (TVET) centers, vocational schools, and community-based training centers. These institutions offer a range of training programs that aim to equip individuals with the skills and knowledge necessary to pursue careers in various sectors of the economy.
Some of the most popular vocational training programs in Somalia include:
- Information and communication technology (ICT) training
- Agriculture and livestock management training
- Automotive and mechanics training
- Electrical and electronic engineering training
- Construction and building trades training
- Hospitality and tourism training
TVET centers are typically run by the government, while vocational schools and community-based training centers are often operated by NGOs and private organizations. In recent years, there has been a growing emphasis on promoting vocational training in Somalia as a means of reducing unemployment and addressing skills gaps in the labor market.